DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PHONE BILLING SYSTEM Computer Science Pro…
In some years back many operation were carried out manually. The method used to prepare bills was manual which possibly give room for fraud. Recently, computer came into an existence so as to solve many problem that may arise as a result or using manual and reduce the time consuming in handling complex or voluminous tasks. Computer is used as an extremely versatile way of aiding the understanding of a wide variety of many sector e.g. industrial sector, educational sector (subject). Computer can be used for a member of application in big industries. For example mining industry., Nigeria Port Plc and NITEL Plc such as installation of lines, keeping customers or subscribers records in such a way that reference could be made to it at any time. Computer can provide instruction and task question which can be of benefit to the users, this kind of activities is called Computer Aided Learning (CAL) or Computer Aided Instruction (CAI).
1.2 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Nigeria Telecommunication Plc was formed be external telecommunication and the deformed department of the formal postal and telecommunication (P&T). The Nigeria telecommunication deals mainly with internal and external communication. Therefore, it is expressed as a branch of science that is concerned with the transfer of data over distance by means of communication. Links like radio, telephone e.t.c. The computing and combination began nearly a century ago. American Airlines established. This date can be transmitted over telephone lines. A measure of data communication system than a very uneven distribution of communication facilities through an world by bridging the missing link. Communication world promote cultural and social awareness, faster global understanding.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
This project aim to introduce a computerized of preparing bill in Nigeria Telecommunication Plc and other commercial enterprises. The computerized method of preparing bill as written in the project will be at a great advantages if it is implemented. This project will pattern end to delay which customers do encounter and company in given out bills instead of manual method of preparing bills which is very slow, time consuming and easy of fraud, the computerized method of preparing bills which is very fast, secured and reliable will be in operation.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
This study is primarily designed
1. Give details information about Nigeria Telecommunication Plc’s way of preparing bills.
2. Highlights the effectives and reliability of using computer in billing process.
3. Make research on how computer can be applied to billing system in Nigeria telecommunication Plc.
4. Examine the possible problems that can arise as a result of using manual in billing system.
1.5 LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
The limitation of this new system is highly recommended for the aid of billing customers that are patronizing the NITEL Plc Ibadan for goods and services of bill processing, this system will enhance effective billing system to help the management to achieve their aims and objectives.
1.6 DEFINITION OF THE TERMS
i. Voice Mail: A telephone number that answer call and serve as message processing centre.
ii. Call Answering Machine: Call recording machine are the conventional auxiliary equipment that are attached to telephone sets to answer calls and record message.
iii. Pay Phone: In this case the subscriber pays after the service had been rendered. The credit is pat in other to dial any where.
iv. Private Wives: These are the wires seen outside the street. They lead from the exchange room to the external world.
v. Telex Facility: Telex is an international telegraphy service using teleprinters.
vi. Broadcasting: This allows the program to be seen in all the areas of the world using microwaves.
vii. Direct Inward Dealing Facility (D.D): This is an inward dialing telephone service that can be connected to PABX or PBX.
viii. Packet Switch Data Network: This is a specialized data transfer service. The dedicated link can be provided national or between two or more countries.
SERVICES RENDER TO THE PUBLIC BY NIGERIA TELECOMMUNICATION
The Nigeria Telecommunication deals mainly with internal and external communication. It provide several other services like:
1. Telephoning: Telephone is an instrument for speaking to a person at a distance using an electric current which travel along a wire or using radio waves. Telephone call connects two telephone users at different ends.
2. Broadcasting: this allows the program to be seen in all the area of the world using microwaves. The signal will be transmitted to the external world where by people can have chance to see it. There is carrier room where frequency is allocated of each broadcasting corporation where by broadcasting can be done through microwaves signally system.
3. Pay Phone: In this case the customer pays after the services had been rendered. The credit card is put to dial anywhere.
4. Private Wire: These are the wire seen outside the street. They lead from the exchange room to the external world.
5. Telax Facility: Telex is the international telegraph services using teleprinter.
6. Telegraph: Telegraph is a system for sending message to a system using wires and electricity. Messages sent by telegraph are usually short, brief and precise.
7. Direct inward Dialing Facility (DID): This is an inward dialing telephone service that can be connected to PABX (Private Automatic Branch Exchange) or PBX (Private Branch Exchange) only. It facilitates immediate response to telephone calls without any operator’s assistance.