Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Procedure For Privatization Of A Corporate Enterprise(A Case Study Of Nitel Ltd Enugu)
Table of Contents Hide
DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED PROCEDURE FOR PRIVATIZATION OF A CORPORATE ENTERPRISE(A CASE STUDY OF NITEL LTD ENUGU)
- Format: Ms Word Document
- Pages: 85
- Price: N 3,000
- Chapters: 1-5
- Get the Complete Project
The focus on Privatization of Corporate enterprises is relatively recent in Nigeria. The prominence in economic programs of most developing countries since the 1980’s is due to the need to reduce Public sector deficits and financial losses arising from gross inefficiencies of the public Enterprises. Privatization attracts substantial amount of foreign investment inflows and new technological growth bringing about economic growth and reformation.
The effective implementation of privatization program of a Corporate Enterprise such as Nitel LTD requires a computer-based system.
This research work is aimed at designing and implementing an automated system that would eliminate some of the problem and draw backs associated with the manual procedures for the privatization of a corporate enterprise.
ORGANIZATION OF WORK
This project is sub-divided into seven chapters; the first chapter is introduction, which includes back ground of the study, statement of the problems, purpose of study, aims and objectives, scope and limitation, definition of terms.
The second chapter deals with literature review.
The third chapter was concerned with description and analysis of the existing system.
Chapter four is concerned with the design of the new system, system specification and information requirement of new system.
Chapter five deals with implementation of the system.
Finally, the seventh chapter dealt with summary, conclusion and recommendations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Organization of work
Table of contents
1.0 INTRODUCTION (Back ground of the study)
1.1 Statement of the problem
1.2 Aims and objectives of the study
1.3 Scope and delimitation
1.4 Purpose of study
1.5 Limitation of the study
1.7 Definition of terms
3.0 DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
3.1 Fact finding method used
3.2 Organizational structure
3.3 Objective of the existing system
3.4 Input, process, output analysis
3.5 Information flow diagram
3.6 Problem of the existing system
3.7 Justification for the new system
4.0 Design of the new system
4.1 output specification and design
4.2 Input specification and design
4.3 System requirement
4.4 System flow chart
5.1 Program flowchart
5.2 Pseudo codes
5.3 Source program
Recommendation and conclusion
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Privatization involves redefining the role of the government by having at disengage from those activities which are best handled by the private sector, with the overall objective of achieving economic efficiency, conceptually, the commercialization and privatization degree (FRN, 1988) perceive privatization as :-Computerized Procedure
“the transfer of government owned shareholding in designated enterprises to the private shareholders, comprising individuals and corporate bodies”.Computerized Procedure
The success of the program depends on a well-designed privatization strategy, which includes:
- Defining the broad extent of privatization;
- Stating clearly the political, economic and social objective to be achieved;
- Establishing clear guidelines or criteria for evaluations
- Selecting techniques;
- Ensuring transparency and accountability in the privatization process and which competitive bidding to the fullest extent possible;
- Building marketing up frost in each privatization operation in order to stimulate potential interest among investors and their to enhance the value of the public enterprise to be privatized.
- Promoting employee participation in the privatization process through the allocation of a proportion of corporate shares;
- Establishing procedure for monitoring the progress all results of privatization etc;
The above strategies cannot be achieved manually; many privatization programs have suffered from poor design, in adequate preparation, and weak implementation. This is clearly evidenced by the long average time its complete transaction. It is based on these drawbacks that the need for computerization arise.Computerized Procedure
The study will focus on the application of computerized procedures for privatization of a corporate enterprise using the Nigerian Telecommunications Limited (NITEL LTD) as a case study.Computerized Procedure
STATEMENTS OF THE PROBLEMS
Although the problems associated with the creation of corporate enterprise have not always been clearly stated. In spite of the bug’s investment in public enterprise in Nigeria, their senses could not meet the demand aspiration of the populace; the report of Onosode Presidential commission (1984) reveals that corporate enterprises are infested with some problems. In the case of NITEL LTD the following problems were obsessed in relation to the on going privatization exercise in the country.Computerized Procedure
- Defective capital structure resulting in heavy dependency burden on national treasuring:
- Mismanagement of funds and operations;
iii. Misuse of monopoly power cumulating in corruption and lack of competition;
- Bureaucratize bottle necks within the organization;
- Lack of transpierce in the on going privatization programme;
- Failure to entrench operational antonomy of the enterprise in such area as authority limit, tariff determination, procurement policy constitutes major areas of concern.Computerized Procedure
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aims and objectives of the project work are:
- To create a database for the storage of all information requirements for the privatization of the enterprise.
- To eliminate all the darn backs of manual techniques of data collection and record keeping into computerized system.
iii. Assist in the planning, designing and implementation of education and training programs for corporate groups.Computerized Procedure
- To provide organizational efficiency through computerization.Computerized Procedure