Causes, Effect And Solution To Population Growth In Nigeria: A Case Study Of Esan Central Local Government Area
CAUSES, EFFECT AND SOLUTION TO POPULATION GROWTH IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF ESAN CENTRAL LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA
The subject matter of this research is the causes, effect and solution to population growth on the Nigeria economy a case study of Esan Central Local Government Area. The main objective of the research work is to enable us know the effects of rapid population on the economy. The research methodology, both primary and secondary data were used. The data were presented and analyzed. Information was discovered in the course of study that Nigeria population today is very youthful; this is due to high fertility rate in Nigeria. It is recommended that government should enact into law the minimum age at which an individual can get married.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background of the study
Statement of the problem
Objectives of the study
Significance of the study
Scope of the study
Limitation of the study
Causes for rapid population growth rate
Effects of rapid population growth
Positive effects of rapid population growth
Negative effects of rapid population growth
Solution to rapid population growth
Summary of literature review
Population of the study
Sources of data
Method of data collection
Method of data analysis
Data presentation and analysis
Summary of findings, conclusion and recommendation
Summary of findings
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Many people believe that it is a law of nature that all population at all time and place tend to go on expanding until they react the limits of subsistence. In (1998) this theory was propounded by Rev. Thomas Robert Malthus in his principle growth according to Matheu in regard to the causes of population growth he argued that human being like plant and animals are forced to increase their population by the urge to reproduce. If there are no constraint on this propensity to reproduce human being will continue to increase their appreciation.
Population problems are both married and far reaching in their effect the efforts of economic growth will be mollified if population has an increase at an even more rapid rate more specifically. This chapter is an attempt to show that rapid growth in population has an adverse effect on Nigeria economy a case study of Esan Central Local Government.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The states of this problem are as follows:
- Rapid growth in population of a country put pressure in infrastructural facilities.
- Tasks the limited resources to meet the ever growing demand for goods and services. This culminate in high cost of living and standard of living in the ever growing population it put high pressure on medical facilities education, housing and social amenities that cannot move with the movement of population thereby causing societal problems.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study is to
- Examine the population explosion in Nigeria.
- Assess the adverse effects on the Nigeria economy.
- Identify the possible solution to the growth of the Nigeria economy.
The researcher will attempt to test the following hypothesis for the purpose of the research
- The optimum population growth is the best types of population among citizens, them over under population.
- Rapid population growth is usually lead to fall in per capital income.
- Rapid population growth is normally caused by early marriage polygamy improvement in medical mechist facilities, improvement in standard of living etc.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is to investigate into the effect of rapid population growth in the economy of Nigeria the possible solution to the problem and how the solution to the problem and how the solution will facilitate the growth of Nigeria economy.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is originally designed to discover all places within the Esan Central Local Government. But as a result of some past problems on population issues so that there will be a proper solution to rapid population growth in the Edo region the significance of is to investigate into the effect of rapid population growth in the economy of Nigeria the possible solution to the problem and how the solution will facilitate the growth of Nigeria economy.