THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MANAGEMENT STYLES ON EMPLOYEE MORAL Business …
1.0 Background of the Study
In every organization, certain key persons have the ability to influence the ideas and action of others. Every member of an organization is expected to work toward the accomplishment of the organizational goals.
As a result of this, there is a power structure comprising of those who made decision and ensure that they are implemented for the overall interest of the organization and it members.
These persons are addressed as “ managers” in private sector while in the public sector they are known as administrators, in any ease whatever title the bear, the constitute the leadership of management of their respective organization and the success of otherwise of their action will determine the overall success of the organization (Guest, et al : 1986)
Leadership is an attempt to influence others individual or group while a leader is a person who attempt to influence another person in to carrying out certain tasks.
In the course of leading, power is used to influence as one of the resources which enable the leader to gain the compliance of his followers or subordinates (Marissa Brass field 2012) it is known that bad management can hinder employee moral and job peryamance, but new research indicates that poor leader can even mess with their subordinates overall well – being.
A study published in the journal of business and psychology asked I, who employees to rate statement like “my supervisor tries to motivate me by making me feel guilty for not doing enough and my supervisor consult with me to find out what modification I would like to my work.
The responses probably won’t surprise anyone who’s had a bad manager. Bosses with negative or controlling management styles tended to promote a lower sense of well – being in their employees, Encouraging managers who enabled autonomy had workers whose well – being was better, supportive company culture also positively influence workers well – being.
Employees moral, this is the description of the emotions, attitude, satisfaction and overall outlook of employee during their time at work place. Part of effective productivity is thought to be directly related to the moral of the employee. Employees that are happy and positively at work are said to have positive or high employees moral. Companies that maintain employees who dissatisfied negative about their work environment are said to have negative or low employee moral.
Manager who want to success need to cry and adopt the following
The need to cry and keep the employee moral high so that they are always getting the very best from their workers
- Incentive in the work place can be an effective way to increase employees moral, allowing the employee to feel appreciated and this harder
- The employee moral can also be busted if the feel the sense of belonging because they also want to as part of the organization
- The employee moral in the work place can depend on many factors, such as work hours,
- The should also be a good relationship between the managers and their employee because when and employee is not emotionally stable and the manager is careless about it, it will affect the employees productivity.
Hersey (1985: 27) having been entrusted with the management of the organization, managers (collectively referred to as management) are expected to produce result, efficiency, effectiveness and high productivity.
The resources of human, capital, equipment, land etc. are put, other disposal more important to the success of the manager and the organization is the human resource who constitutes the followers in an organization. The method with which coordinates these resources constitute his style of leadership and the success or failure will determine his management style on his employees moral.
If it pushes subordinates from him, then it is said that his style has failed. Hence he is likely to fail as a manager. This is because lack of job satisfaction and hence motivation will exist among the worker so that the topic the relationship between management style and employee moral was chosen with the aim of finding out the impact of management style on his subordinates as a manager.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Organization with low level of productivity could theoretically get significantly more work done, but they have factors that hold them back from their full potential. This lead to wasting money and losing grounds to competitors. Knowing the reason your organization is lacking direct you to appropriate solutions to improve productivity and profit
- Poor Management: ineffective management practices decrease an organizations productivity in several ways. The overall strategy for such a company contains inefficiency because the manager doesn’t see and take steps to implements the most productivity ways or complete tasks.
Individual employees flounder under poor management. The don’t have the freedom and coaching to reach their full potential, so they don’t get as much done as the could.
- Employee Dissatisfaction: Dissatisfies employees are generally unproductive ones. While happy employee who are passionate about their jobs get the work done effectively. People have a natural tendency to prioritize tasks they like, so an employee who like his job will naturally put it job ahead of his other desires, such as relaxing, chatting with a co – workers or getting through the day she can go home Getting the right employee and productive company.
- Employee Personal Problem: Employee who is experiencing personal problems tends to be less productive than those who are not experiencing similar problem. In particularly stress and poor health both contribute to the low level productivity. Companies can provide counseling on site to help decrease stress levels and help employee sort through other personal problems that are hindering productivity. Companies can also encourage employees to take sick time when needed to help avoid getting a more serious illness or coming in to the office and getting other sick.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The objective of the study shall include the following:
- To identify the dominant management style that exist in selected business.
- To examine the relationship between management style and employee moral
- To identify factors that influence management styles on employee’s moral in organizations.
- To identify the management style that bring about organizational success on employee moral
1.4 Research Questions
The following are the research questions:
1 what is the dominant style of management that leads to organizational success.
2 does management style have any relationship on employee moral
3 how can factor that influence management styles on employee moral be identify in organization